Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Conflagrations, Presidential Toys, and the American Past Time

He's got his mugging bat, his cell phone, and his Starbucks. What more does a kid need?
Seleta and Ian had the day off together last week when I had court. So, she got him a bat and ball and went to park to play some baseball. Unfortunately for me, the kid's good. Really good. He throws straighter than me, hits better, and I think he knows the rules better, too. I know, not hard to come by, but still it's freakishly amazing how good the kid is.



This is Kaylee - Ian's girlfriend and first love (he goes for the older women - and blonde). In his hand he holds a small cup of frozen yogurt - his second love.

Febuary 15th we woke to a fire behind our house (one street back and a few doors down actually). Of course I ran over with my camera. Sadly the house was a total loss. Even though everyone made it out okay, a dog, some geckos, and an aquarium didn't. The house belonged to a former Fillmore city councilman and was possibly started by an electric heater.



In January, the Reagan Library had on display one of the few surviving original Magna Cartas. This was one of the 1312 copies, unlike the 1397 copies that the United States has at the National Archives. I know, I'm a nerd, but I wanted to go. Unfortunately, I wasn't even allowed to go in to the room unless I slung my camera on my back. So alas, I have no pictures of it. But here's a few from the Air Force One exibit.




No comments: