Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weddings, Snow Drifts, and Bedding

I'm sure many of you know that Ian's transitioned over to a twin bed now and out of the crib/toddler bed he had. He's much happier (even though he's still mastering getting off of it that works better than sliding) and we're much happier because we now have a place to curl up with him.



Here's a few shots from the Jacob and Jennie Wedding/Winter Storm of the Season weekend including a few shots of us getting off of the mountain. While many of you know about the power going out, the fire alarm going off, etc on the day of the wedding, many don't know the story about us attempting to get off of the mountain. The Reader's Digest version? My passenger side windshield wiper didn't work since the valet left the wipers on when they parked it, a foot of snow settled on the top, and I started the engine and let it warm up for 30 minutes while I dug out the truck - not knowing my wipers were trying to work the entire time.
On the way down the mountain with only one wiper, a chunk of ice and snow took out my driver side wiper. Luckily we were near a 76 station that had one for sell and we continued to limp down. Once on the freeway, it rained all the way through to the 5/210 transition. As I was chaning lanes, my passenger side wiper sprang to life, jammed up the driver side, broke it off, and flung it two lanes over and hit a truck. Needless to say we were happy to eventually get home. Ian was a trooper and watched "Finding Nemo" on Seleta's iPod Touch the entire time. So...
Thank you to the Apple Corporation for inventing such an evil device.

Also, if it was your truck I hit with my wiper: I'm sorry.





It was definitely gorgeous when it wasn't raining/hailing/snowing...








Here's a shot of the guys attempting to find their tuxedos in the dark.

Sorry, dude. You're a little young (and a little too alive) for the Rat Pack.

No comments: