Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mulder, it's me...


Greetings from the Land of Perpetual Sunshine! As you can see, the weather has changed in our favor and it's been nothing but sun, sun, sun... Just kidding. But it has rained less today and I saw my shadow twice.


Today we went to the Woodland Park Zoo and saw Lions (one was clearing his throat), and tigers (actually, it was hiding), and bears (all three Yogies were sleeping) - oh my!



We also got to see a bunch of Hyenas (or pronounced, "Hi-eees!"). Every time I see them, I keep thinking: "Mufasa!" *shudder* "Ewww.... Say it again!" Thanks, Whoopi. Ian liked the Hi-eees so much that he got a stuffed one that he is sleeping with as we speak.


What was cool about this zoo was that you could view most of the animals from multiple angles and the exhibits were large and original (like, actual trees instead of plaster-like trees). The lion and hyena exhibits were actually connected with a window so they could see each other through glass. Here, the lioness (or according to Ian, "Elise?") is walking over to "speak" to the hyenas about being loud first thing in the morning...

I loved the wolves! Ian thought they were all Tank. Here's a photo of a white wolf... peeing... and looking at me... just like Tank.

Believe it or not, this is part of the bear exhibit... Not bad. It reminds me of those old beer commercials. Unfortunately they were all sleeping and Ian didn't believe me that the snoring ball (i.e., 2500 pound ball) of brown fur was an animal.



Ian couldn't see the Otters - they were sleeping in since it was cold - so he decided to take the big brass one home.


... Um, don't ask...

We also got to meet up with Mark and he gave us a tour of his office. It was cool... It was a really awesome plain building containing plain white hallways with tan trim leading to plain white offices with tan trim... Of course, there was that one door that had the nameplate reading: F. Mulder and D. Scully. I asked about it but Mark said he'd have to kill me and plant a cancer-causing tracking device in the base of Ian's neck that would later make him the target of a massive government cover-up involving a chain-smoking reject from the movie, "Goodnight and Goodluck."


As soon as Ian got to Mark's desk, he immediately sat in the chair and picked up the phone... That's my future little bureaucrat!

Tomorrow we're off to the Sci-Fi museum and Mark's house for dinner... Take care!

No comments: