Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Needles and Huskies

Here's the last of the photos for the blog. Don't worry, there's more (you know me, I took over 900) but this is all that I'm putting online for now. So here's us at the Space Needle...



Look! No rain!
Look! No rain!
Okay, so Seattle does have some bad habits... Like drinking Pepsi. (Seleta took this shot for her daddy)
This is bad. McDonalds will always find a way to advertise... "I'm gonna jump! Don't try to stop me! Ooo! Maybe a new iced coffee from McDonalds first..."




Another thing I don't understand about Seattle: they have fountains EVERYWHERE! So that adds to my list of things that I don't get about Seattle.
1) In a land where it's so dark that you have to use your headlights all day, how is it possible to be light so late?
2) In a land where you get over 3 feet of rain a year, why do you insist on putting water play areas for kids in every building?
3) In a land where you get 36 inches of rain a year, why do you insist on putting a fountain every 20 feet? Do you miss the water that much?
We gotta give 'em credit though, on the way to the airport we passed an accident that had an ambulance, a fire engine, and a police car there and there was NO back up on either side of the freeway. No one (except me) slowed down. In California, it would be a six mile backup in both directions.

Before leaving for the airport, we checked out Washington University. Established in 1861, it's the oldest University on the West Coast. You can tell by the styles of the buildings.



What you can't see in the photo is that the bench is a gift from the Class of 1915.

And our little hero also wants to play basketball for the Huskies...


Well, that's it! No more pictures. I hope you've enjoyed our blog on the Seattle trip. We'll talk to everyone later.
Take care,
Terry, Seleta, and Ian

No comments: